Today I want to unpack this "Humble or Humility" thing. These 2 words are thrown around a lot by many but it seems to me that many folks don't seem to understand what it really means to be humble and/or live a humble life.
Websters define humble this way: "Having or showing a modest or low estimate of one's own importance". This definition implies being humble is synonymous with being, weak , unassertive or having no backbone.
True humility is far from that! True humility to me is this:
- Humility is not seeing or thinking that you are better or higher than anyone else.
- Humility is being able to reason and deal with everyone on their own level without being prejudice.
- Humility is being able to admit that you are wrong and you alone do not have all the answers.
- Humility is being able to humble yourself before those who are above and below you.
One writer summed it up best: "As we esteem others better, we will naturally have a concern for their needs and concerns; this sort of outward looking mentality naturally leads to a unity among all people. If I am considering you above me, and you are considering me above you, a marvelous thing happens: we have a community where everyone is looked up to, and no one is looked down on.
Living a humble life isn't living a lesser or weaker life. It's actually living a life of great power and freedom!! A truly humble life is one of contentment, patience, forgiveness, and compassion.
Until next time Stay Humble and Live,Laugh & Love on PURPOSE!!
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: blog, egoless, esteem, higher vibrations, humble, humilty, kandidlykristin, life lessons, selfless, spiritual practice